Bayley Scales of Infant and Toddler Development®, Third Edition
(Bayley-III® Screening Test)
Overview: Examine all the facets of a young child’s development
Age Range: 1 to 42 months
Completion Time: 15 to 25 minutes
Scores/Interpretation: Cut scores by age for Cognitive, Language, and Motor Scales
Publication Date: 2006
Professionals working with infants and toddlers in any setting understand the need for ongoing screening, monitoring, and reassessment of a child’s capacities — important because young children grow very rapidly. The Bayley-III Screening Test can quickly determine if a child is “on track” developmentally or if further, more comprehensive assessment is needed.
Features & Benefits
- Cognitive, language, and motor domains tested
- Fast administration — 15 to 25 minutes
- Easy administration — selected items from the full Bayley-III battery
- Child-friendly, playful activities
- Cut scores according to age
- Ideal for use in early intervention centers, Early Head Start programs, pediatric offices, day care centers — settings where many children are cared for on a regular basis
- Screens infants and toddlers at risk for developmental delay to allow early support
- Cost effective
Kit includes a Manual (Technical + Administration), Stimulus Book, 25 Record Forms, and Manipulative Set
Areas of Assessment
The Bayley-III Screening Test assesses skills in three domains:
Tools & Utilities
Bayley-III Observational Checklist (PDF - 159 KB)
Lists nearly 100 items that can be easily observed at any time during administration. Use the checklist to familiarize yourself with those items that can be observed outside the standard administration order, saving precious administration time. Make paper copies or use a grease pencil to note observed items, then later transfer to the master record form.
Bayley®-III Screening Test
This brief pre-recorded session allows you to learn at your leisure. All you need is access to the Internet and the sound enabled on your computer. Please keep in mind that the session may take a few minutes to load.
Learn about the test that helps you screen for developmental delays and then conduct in-depth assessment, if needed.