Overview: Quickly and easily identify children who need help with basic relational concepts
Age Range: 3.0 through 5.11 years
Other Languages: Spanish
RTI Tiers: RTI Levels 2 and 3
Completion Time: 20-30 minutes
Norms: English norms: 660 children, Spanish norms: 300 children in the U.S.
Scores/Interpretation: Percentile by 6-month age bands
Scoring Options: Manual scoring
Report Options: Parent Report
Publication Date: 2001
Quickly and easily identify children who need help with basic relational concepts.
The Boehm-3 Preschool is an easy-to-administer tool for measuring 26 basic concepts relevant to preschool and early childhood curriculum. This test helps you identify children who lack understanding of basic relational concepts so that you can provide intervention sooner, increasing their chance of success in school. Each concept is tested twice, to verify the child’s understanding.
Features & Benefits
This measure enables you to:
- Assess each concept twice to determine the child’s understanding across contexts
- Picture Manual and Record Forms include both English and Spanish test items
- Examiner’s Manual contains normative scores for English- or Spanish-speaking children
- Administer and score in less than 30 minutes
The Boehm-3 Preschool was standardized and normed on a nationally representative sample of 660 children in the United States. Internal consistency reliability coefficients range from .85 to .92; test reliability ranges from .85 to .92. Evidence of validity includes test content information and a comparison of scores to the earlier edition of Boehm Preschool. Separate norms are available in Spanish, based on the performance of 300 Spanish-speaking children living in the United States. Internal consistency reliability coefficients range from .80 to .91; test reliability ranges from .76 to .88.
The complete kit includes:
- Curriculum-based test summary
- Observation and intervention planning tool
- Parent Report form
- Administration directions and testing materials for children who are differently abled