Work Sampling for Head Start™
Overview: Evaluate progress of children in Head Start programs.
Age Range: Grade Range: P3 and P4
Scores/Interpretation: Work Sampling® Online (ordered by phone at 1.800.627.7271) or manual scoring
Report Options: Summary Report
Evaluate progress of children in Head Start programs.
Work Sampling for Head Start aligns with the new Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework, offering you a proven, authentic performance assessment. This comprehensive observational tool can help you individualize instruction, communicate with families more effectively, and fulfill federal reporting mandates more easily.
This tool is used in Head Start programs to help:
- Observe, record, and evaluate each child’s progress using a systematic method
- Assess student learning across eight Head Start domains
Content & Administration
- Portfolio samples are gathered throughout the year and help demonstrate progress through concrete illustrations of the child's thinking.
- Developmental Guidelines and Checklists detail skills, behaviors, and academic expectations in one-sentence performance indicators.
- Observational criteria is presented for each of the eight curriculum areas in the Outcomes Framework.
Features & Benefits
- Provides an accurate portrait of student achievement
- Actively involves children in understanding their own progress
- Informs targeted instruction
Work Sampling for Head Start Online Pricing
Online Annual License Fee Per Child:Less than 100 Children: 19.95
100-499 Children: 13.95
500-999 Children: 12.95
1,000-1,999 Children: 11.95
2,000+ Children: Contact us at 800.627.7271 for price quote
Scoring & Reporting
- Standards-based Developmental Guidelines Performance Indicators result in a score of "Not Yet," "In Progress," or "Proficient."
- Using information collected with the Developmental Checklists, you complete a Family Report three times a year to evaluate the child’s current level of performance and growth over time.
Work Sampling for Head Start is now a data exchange partner with ChildPlus.net, the nation's premier Head Start software. Learn how to import your data.
Introduction to Work Sampling for Head Start, Fifth Edition
Presenter: Gloria Maccow, PhD
Join us for an introduction to Work Sampling for Head Start, Fifth Edition, an authentic, performance-based assessment that teachers use to document and evaluate students’ skills, knowledge, and behaviors that is specially designed for Head Start programs. The new edition of Work Sampling for Head Start will be available in July 2014, both in print and online. This webinar will provide an overview of the changes to Work Sampling for Head Start. At the end of the webinar, participants will be able to describe the changes to the new fifth edition of Work Sampling for Head Start and describe the components and assessment cycle of the program.Date: Apr 24, 2014 Time: 12:00 PM EDT Register Now
Date: May 28, 2014 Time: 12:00 PM EDT Register Now