Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals®-Preschool-2 Spanish
Overview: Comprehensive language evaluation for Spanish-speaking preschool children
Age Range: Children 3:0—6:11
RTI Tiers: RTI Levels 2 and 3
Verbal response to stimulus pictures
Completion Time: Level 1: 15—20 minutes. Entire test: variable
Norms: More than 450 preschool-age children, including both monolingual and bilingual Spanish-speaking children
Scores/Interpretation: Core language score, receptive and expressive language index scores, expressive language, language content, and language structure index scores; standard scores, percentile ranks, age equivalents, and growth scores.
Scoring Options: Manual Scoring
Publication Date: 2009
CELF Preschool–2 Spanish, is a parallel edition to the CELF Preschool–2 — not a translation. This tool was designed to be appropriate for a wide range of Spanish-speaking children. Items are ordered by diffi culty based on research conducted with monolingual and bilingual preschoolers tested throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
CELF Preschool–2 Spanish provides four levels of assessment:
- Use Level 1 to test for the presence of a language disorder—in just 20 minutes
- Follow up with additional testing to determine the nature of the disorder (Level 2).
- Pinpoint the critical clinical skills or behaviors that underlie the disorder (Level 3).
- Evaluate how the disorder affects classroom performance (Level 4).
New Growth Scores and Growth Charts provide an objective, quantitative measuer of a child''s progress.
- Conceptos básicos (Basic Concepts)
- Estructura de palabras (Word Structure)
- Recordando oraciones (Recalling Sentences)
- Conceptos y siguiendo direcciones (Concepts and Following Directions)
- Vocabulario expresivo (Expressive Vocabulary)
- Estructura de oraciones (Sentence Structure)
- Clases de palabras (Word Classes)
- Conocimiento fonológico (Phonological Awareness)
- Escala de valoración del alfabetización temprana (Early Literacy Rating Scale)
- Clasifi cación pragmática (Descriptive Pragmatics Profile)
More than 900 preschool-age children participated in the standardization process and in reliability and validity studies.
- Both monolingual and bilingual Spanish-speaking children were tested at sites located throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
- CELF Preschool–2 Spanish possesses excellent psychometric characteristics.
- Validity studies include research with children identifi ed as having a language disorder.
- The alternate vocabulary options on the Record Form were identified by extensive expert review and supplemented by compiling spontaneous responses from children in the norm group.
New! The Examiner’s Manual provides valuable guidance, monolingual English-speaking speech pathologists training interpreters in key areas such as test administration procedures, establishing and maintaining rapport with the child, appropriate cuing, and redirection.
CELF® Preschool-2 Spanish Introduction
This pre-recorded 20-30 minute session allows you to learn at your leisure. All you need is access to the Internet and the sound enabled on your computer. Please keep in mind that the session may take a few minutes to load.
Would you like to learn more about the new CELF Preschool-2 Spanish? Our product manager and research director, both experts in the field, will share some of the essential features of this new test for native Spanish speakers. The session will take about 20 minutes to view.