Pre-Reading Inventory of Phonological Awareness™
Barbara Dodd, PhD, Sharon Crosbie, PhD, Beth McIntosh, BSp, Tania Teitzel, BSp, Anne Ozanne, PhD
The premier test for preliterate children on the path to reading success
Easy to administer inventory of phonological awareness skills.
- Helps identify children at risk for reading failure.
- Fulfills the phonological awareness requirements of the Early Reading First and Reading First initiatives.
- Includes six subtests:
- Rhyme Awareness
- Syllable Segmentation
- Alliteration Awareness
- Sound Isolation
- Sound Segmentation
- Letter-Sound Knowledge
- Individual subtests can be administered quickly and easily.
- Subtest tasks are engaging with colorful artwork.
- Item analysis tables included on the Record Form for each subtest.
- Can be used as an outcomes-based measure.
- Norms are based on data that reflects the 2000 U.S. Census.
- Can be administered by SLPs, teachers, and paraprofessionals.