Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals®-Preschool-2
Overview: Evaluate a broad range of language skills in preschool children, while meeting IDEA mandates
Age Range: 3:0 to 6:11
Other Languages: See CELF® Preschool-2 Spanish
RTI Tiers: RTI Levels 2 and 3
Administration: Verbal response to stimulus picture
Completion Time: Level 1: 15-20 minutes. Entire test: variable.
Norms: More than 800 preschool-age children
Scores/Interpretation: Core language score, receptive and expressive language index scores, expressive language, language content, and language structure index scores; standard scores, percentile ranks, age equivalents, and growth scores.
Scoring Options: Scoring Assistant software or manual scoring
Publication Date: 2004
The testing of choice used to evaluate those aspects of language necessary for preschool children to make the transition to the classroom. Comprehensively measures a broad range of language skills for children age 3-6 years, while meeting IDEA mandates.
- Includes a variety of subtests, including a pre-literacy scale, that provides in-depth assessment of a child’s language skills
- A pragmatics profile helps to describe the child’s language use at school or at home
- Results guide you in developing successful intervention planning
- Illustrations are age-appropriate and engaging
More than 1,500 preschool-aged children participated in the standardization.
New Growth Scores and Growth Charts provide an objective, quantitative measuer of a child's progress.
Features & Benefits
The language assessment specifically designed for preschool aged children who are bound for the classroom
CELF Preschool-2 provides a variety of subtests to comprehensively test the language skills of preschool-aged children who will be in an academic-oriented setting.
- Includes a variety of subtests that provide in-depth assessment of a child's language skills.
- Includes a pre-literacy scale and phonological awareness subtest.
- A pragmatics profile helps to describe the child's language use at school or at home.
- Contains interesting, age appropriate, full-color pictures to hold the child's attention.
- Meets current IDEA guidelines.
- More than 1,500 children participated in standardization, reliability, and validity studies.
Areas of Assessment
Subtests include: Concepts and Following Directions, Word Structure, Expressive Vocabulary, Recalling Sentences, Sentence Structure, Basic Concepts, Recalling Sentences in Context, Word Classes and Phonological Awareness.
CELF Preschool-2 Scoring Assistant
Now you can quickly and accurately score test results, maintain demographic information, store raw scores and produce comprehensive graphical and narrative reports with the CELF Preschool–2 Scoring Assistant. All reports comply with IDEA mandates.
- Item analysis
- Discrepancy Table
- Graphical (4)
- Pre-Literacy Ratings Scale
- Descriptive Pragmatics Profile
Accurately Interpreting Test Results When Assessing Young Preschoolers
Presenter: Adam Scheller, PhD
This session will provide an overview of PLS-5 and CELF Preschool-2 development to assist clinicians to better understand the test items, research samples, and test results. Guidelines for interpreting test results will be provided so that clinicians can make appropriate programming recommendations for the children they are assessing.
At the completion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- List at least two procedures conducted to update test items and normative data in a revised edition of a test.
- Describe at least one reason why test scores can change when norms are updated.
- Describe at least one reason why PLS-5 test items may appear at the same or at a different developmental age listed for PLS-4.
- Name at least one reason a PLS-5 standard scores results can be either lower or higher than on other developmental scales or tests.
Date: Apr 22, 2014