Goldman-Fristoe Test of Articulation - Third Edition, Spanish
Age Range: 2:0 - 21:11
RTI Tiers: RTI Levels 1, 2 and 3
Administration: Q-interactive® or paper-and-pencil
5 to 15 minutes for Sounds-in-Words Section, varied for Sounds-In-Sentences, Intelligibility, and Stimulability sections
Telepractice: Tips on using this test in your telepractice
Norms: New norms include ages 2-21 with separate normative tables for males and females.
Scoring Options: New digital options, including Q-interactive administration and Q-global digital manual, digital stimulus book, scoring and reporting
Publication Date: Spring 2017
Scores you can count on for diagnostic and placement decisions.
The GFTA-3 Spanish is quick and easy to administer or score and provides accurate results for making diagnostic and placement decisions. For added efficiency, it's available on Q-interactive for access to digital administration and real-time scoring.
The Spanish edition of the Goldman-Fristoe Test of Articulation offers updated norms based on Spanish-speaking individuals living in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Examinees who participated in the standardization are monolingual and bilingual Spanish speakers whose families are from the U.S., Central America, or the Caribbean.
The GFTA-3 Spanish is not a translation of the English edition. While much of the art is shared across the English and Spanish editions, scoring is based on phoneme production of words in Spanish.
Features & Benefits
- Scores in real-time and accesses administration digitally on Q-interactive
- Examines prevocalic, intervocalic, and postvocalic productions of consonant sounds
- Includes target words that minimize lexical differences across Spanish dialects
- Enables dialect-sensitive scoring for a wide range of Spanish dialects
- Provides standard scores for production of all Spanish consonants, including /r/ and /l/ blends for both sounds-in-words and sounds-in-sentences tests
- Enables identification of facilitating contexts for correct phoneme productions
- Provides developmental ages of emergence of phonemes in a child's repertoire and ages of mastery
- Provides an objective, quantifiable measure of progress over time using growth scale values
- Accesses important information for intervention planning and prognosis
Digital Options Available
Q-interactive is Pearson's web- and iPad-based system for interactive, seamless assessment, scoring, and reporting. With Q-interactive, administer interactive assessments with an intuitive, portable system that uses two iPads connected by Bluetooth. The examinee views test stimuli on one iPad; you use the other iPad to access test administration directions and verbal stimuli, control visual stimuli, and record and score responses.
Your Q-interactive yearly speech license includes access to five assessments: GFTA-3, KLPA-3, GFTA-3 Spanish (coming Summer 2017), CELF-5, and PPVT-4. You purchase individual test administrations.
Q-global is Pearson's web-based system for accessing digital resources for assessment, scoring, and reporting. Use any web-enabled computer or tablet--ideal for face-to-face or telepractice assessments!
A GFTA-3 Spanish Digital Kit will be available (including a digital stimulus book, digital manual, and paper record forms). Scoring is purchased separately. You have the option to purchase an unlimited-use 1-, 3-, or 5- year scoring subscription or individual score reports. Quantity discounts are available.
Important note: Each scoring subscription is per user and will begin on the date the first subscription from the order is allocated to the user(s) in the Q-global account.
When the GFTA-3 Spanish is published, you will receive an email informing you that your GFTA-3 Spanish digital Manual, Stimulus Book, and/or scoring are available on the Q-global platform. The paper Record Forms included in the Digital Kit will be will be shipped to you.
Learn more about Q-global pricing.
More information about ordering GFTA-3 Spanish digital kits will be available in June, 2017.
Digital administration with real-time scoring available on Q-interactive
With Q-interactive, administer tests with an intuitive, portable system that uses two iPads connected via Bluetooth®. You use one iPad to access the test administration instructions, score and record responses, and control visual stimuli. The examinee uses the other iPad to view and respond to stimuli. With real-time scoring, see how a client is performing during a session and make immediate adjustments to your battery.
- Familiar—Use the tests you know and trust while quickly engaging clients of any age.
- Efficient—Real-time results eliminate hand scoring.
- Customizable—Edit your test battery in session to fit your client’s needs.
- Accurate—Eliminate human error with automated start points, discontinue rules, and real-time scoring. Audio recording allows playback of client responses.
- Secure—Meets security requirements through data encryption.
- Portable—Easily access your entire test library with two iPads without the need for an internet connection.
- Cost effective—No more upfront kit costs or sharing test kits.
For more information visit helloQ.com
Automated scoring and reporting for your paper administrations available on Q-global. Select from two options:
Pay per report. You may prefer this option if you administer the GFTA-3 Spanish only a few times each year or want the flexibility to "pay as you go."
"Unlimited use" subscription. Individuals can purchase GFTA-3 Spanish scoring subscriptions, which offer unlimited scoring and reporting for a one, three, or five year term. Subscriptions are a great option for customers who complete more than 35 test administrations each year—and don’t want to worry about frequent re-orders of individual score reports.
- Portable—Scoring and reporting from any device connected to the internet.
- Economical—Purchase report usages as needed or save with unlimited-use
scoring subscriptions for paper administrations.
- Comprehensive—Reliable, online reporting solutions including interpretative and group reports.
- Secure—Meets security requirements with data encryption.
Additionally, you may purchase a digital Manual or digital Stimulus Book that you can display on your computer or tablet screen. Q-global digital Stimulus Books are ideal for telepractice test admnistration!
GFTA-3 Spanish Score Reports
- Automatically converts total raw scores to test scaled scores, percentile ranks, age equivalents, and growth scale values
- Automatically converts sums of scaled scores to composites scores, including the Core Language and numerous index scores
- Provides an item analysis of performance on individual test
Vision general de la administracion, puntaje e interpretacion de GFTA-3 Spanish
Presenter: Marie Sepulveda, M.S. CCC-SLP
Este curso ofrece un repaso de la administración y puntaje de la prueba de articulación Goldman-Fristoe-3 Spanish (GFTA-3 Spanish), así como un resumen de la investigación y características psicométricas del GFTA-3 español. Se discutirán los patrones del desarrollo, al interpretar los resultados de GFTA-3 Spanish.
Date: Jun 28, 2017
Overview of GFTA-3 Spanish Administration, Scoring and Interpretation
Presenter: Marie Sepulveda, MA CCC-SLP
This webinar will provide a review of administration and scoring of the Goldman-Fristoe Test of Articulation, 3rd Edition Spanish (GFTA-3 Spanish) as well as an overview of the research base and psychometric characteristics of the GFTA-3 Spanish. Discussion will include developmental considerations when interpreting GFTA-3 Spanish results.
Date: Apr 12, 2017
Using Digital Assessments to Evaluate Speech and Language Skills
Presenter: James Henke and Jarett Lehner
Many of today's students are "digital natives" who are attentive and engaged with presented with digital input. Digital assessments can provide streamlined test administration that is engaging for examinees, while automated scoring and reporting improves examiner efficiency and provides accurate test scores. This session will introduce clinicians to digital assessments available, compare assessment formats on Q-interactive and Q-global and provide an overview of the research supporting the equivalence of test results whether the test is delivered on paper or in a digital format.
Date: Mar 30, 2017