MicroCog™: Assessment of Cognitive Functioning Windows® Edition 2004
(MicroCog™ for Windows®)
Overview: Automated neuropsychological battery developed for clinical practice
Age Range: 18 to 89 years
Completion Time: Standard form: 60 to 90 minutes; Short form: 30 to 45 minutes
Forms: Two: Standard and Short
Norms: Nationally normed on a representative sample of 810 adults ages 18-89; age-specific norms for nine age groups; education level adjusted norms.
Publication Date: 2004
The first automated neuropsychological battery developed for clinical practice-fast, reliable, extremely efficient
Target specific concerns of cognitive impairment in adults with the updated MicroCog™: Assessment of Cognitive Functioning Windows® Edition (MicroCog™ for Windows®). This version includes significant enhancements and is optimized for Windows®.
This computer administered battery tests individuals with 18 subtests that contribute to summary scores for nine interrelated cognitive areas:
- Attention/Mental Control
- Spatial Processing
- Reaction Time
- Information Processing Accuracy
- Information Processing Speed
- Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Proficiency
Efficient Screener or Diagnostic Instrument
- Flexible-allows you to choose which subtests to administer
- Provides differential diagnosis across a wide population
- Standard Form (60 to 90 minutes)
- Short Form (30 to 45 minutes)
Most examinees can complete the test quickly and with minimal assistance after a brief orientation by a testing assistant.
Test-Retest, Store Data
MicroCog for Windows® stores test data and is proven effective in testretest situations to monitor a patient's ongoing cognitive status. A report is automatically provided at the end of each administration.
Other Features and Benefits
- For a broad age range (18-89 years)
- Fast administration time (30 to 90 minutes)
- Results do not vary across cultural differences
- Does not require computer literacy or Internet access (PC-based)
- Report credits embedded in software application (separate use counter not required)
- Screening for dementia or Alzheimer's
- Determining driving fitness
- Evaluating airline pilots (approved by Federal Aviation Administration for re-certification)
- Testing neurological function of athletes-pre- and post- injury
- Pre-operative assessments to measure post-operative effects
- Pharmaceutical testing and other research
MicroCog for Windows® was nationally normed on a representative sample of 810 adults. Extensive validity information is based on studies of various clinical groups, including those with reading disabilities, epilepsy, depression, dementia, schizophrenia, alcoholism, head injury, and lupus.