Wechsler Individual Achievement Test®-Third Edition
Overview: Updated achievement test for use in a variety of clinical, educational, and research settings.
Age Range: Individuals 4:0-50:11
RTI Tiers: RTI Levels 2 and 3
Administration: Paper-and-pencil or online administration
Completion Time: Varies by grade level and number of subtests administered
Fall, Winter, and Spring grade-based standard scores, age-based standard scores, percentile ranks, stanines, NCEs, age and grade equivalents.
Scoring Options: Q-interactive web-based administration and Q-global™ web-based scoring
Publication Date: 2009
Features & BenefitsWith a total of 16 subtests, WIAT-III offers:
- Three new subtests: Oral Reading, Math Fluency and Early Reading Skills
- Enriched Listening Comprehension, Oral Expression, and Written Expression subtests
- Enhanced Reading Comprehension subtest
- Improved scoring rules that are featured in response to scoring studies, theoretical reviews by expert researchers, and usability reviews by teachers and clinicians
- Enhanced scoring software and interactive scoring guide in every kit
- Updated norms for PreK through grade 12, and for ages 4:0–50:11
Content & Administration
- Measure all eight areas of achievement specified by IDEA legislation as important for identifying and classifying learning disabilities
- Focus on reading goals and objectives with the Early Reading Skills subtests
- Evaluate patterns of strengths and weaknesses to identify learning disabilities
Psychometric InformationThe WIAT-III was nationally standardized on 3,000 students and adults and features comprehensive normative information.
The WIAT-III was correlated with the following ability measures:
- Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence, Third Edition (WPPSI-III; Wechsler, 2002)
- Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence, Fourth Edition (WPPSI-IV; Wechsler, 2012) - Study included in the WPPSI-IV Technical and Interpretive Manual
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, Fourth Edition (WISC-IV; Wechsler, 2003)
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, Fifth Edition (WISC-V; Wechsler, 2014) - Study included in the WISC-V Technical and Interpretive Manual
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale, Fourth Edition (WAIS-IV; Wechsler, 2008)
- Wechsler Nonverbal Scale of Ability (WNV; Wechsler & Naglieri, 2006)
- Differential Ability Scales, Second Edition (DAS-II; Elliott, 2007)
WIAT-III Score Report
WPPSI–IV / WIAT-III Combination Reports
This combination report allows you to upgrade your WPPSI–IV or WIAT–III Score Report to include a pattern of strengths and weaknesses analysis and an ability achievement discrepancy analysis of the combined results.
Two options for scoring and reporting the WIAT-III are now available on Q-global.
The first option is to pay per-report. Customers who administer the WIAT-III only a few times each year, or those who want the flexibility to pay only as the assessment is used, may prefer this option.
The second option is to select an "unlimited use" subscription, where one user of the WIAT-III gets unlimited scoring and reporting for one, three, or five years depending on the selected term of the subscription. This may be a better option for customers who administer the WIAT-III several times each year—and don't want to worry about keeping track of their report expenses.
Scoring and/or Reporting Options
Q-global™ Web-based Administration, Scoring, and Reporting – Enables you to quickly assess and efficiently organize examinee information, generate scores, and produce accurate comprehensive reports all via the Web.
WIAT-III on Q-global also provides:
- Enhanced skill analysis for core subtests at item level and sub-item level
- Intervention goal statements for core subtests to assist with IEP goals and to help develop planning for intervention
- Annual goals and short-term objectives for problem areas based on specific abilities, strengths, and weaknesses
- Research-supported alternatives for determining severe learning disability and non-responders within an RTI environment
- Parent Report, with a description of each subtest, as well as information to help the parent understand the WIAT-III scores
For a description of subtests and composites, click here.
Q-global Unlimited-use Scoring Subscriptions Now Available!
Two pricing options are now available for scoring and reporting on Q-global. In addition to the current per-report price, there is now an unlimited-use scoring and reporting subscription available in one-, three-, and five-year terms. Both pricing options are listed in the pricing section below.
Important note: Each subscription is per user for the WIAT-III only and will begin on the date of order processing unless otherwise requested.
Quick Score Guide for WIAT-III Essay Composition (PDF - 507KB)
WIAT®-III Wechsler Individual Achievement Test®–Third Edition: An Introduction
This pre-recorded 20-30 minute session allows you to learn at your leisure. All you need is access to the Internet and the sound enabled on your computer. Please keep in mind that the session may take a few minutes to load.
This session provides you with essential information regarding the features of the WIAT-III.