Overview: The renowned and useful Millon Inventories support adults and adolescents in a wide range of clinical and counseling settings. Dr. Theodore Millon's APA award-winning theory of personality has guided the development and the continuing enhancement of his impressive instruments.
Coming Fall 2015, the MCMI-IV, the latest revision to the widely-used Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory, elevates Dr. Millon’s revered scientific work and helps facilitate a strong clinical alliance between the clinician and patient.
Brevity has become a hallmark of the Millon Inventories. Each Millon inventory is designed to obtain the maximum amount of information with a minimum number of items and patient effort. As the need for efficient and accurate differential diagnosis of complex disorders grows, this feature has become increasingly valued.
Millon's theory is closely correlated with DSM™ classification system of personality disorders. This connection increases the diagnostic utility of Millon's instruments for clinicians.
Dr. Theodore Millon on the Millon Inventories and field of personality
- Adult Clinical & Counseling Inventories
- Adolescent & Pre-Adolescent Inventories
- Inventory for Medical Patients
- College Counseling Inventory
- MCMI-III Profile Report
- MCMI-III Interpretive Report
- MCMI-III Interpretive Report with Annotations
- MCMI-III Corrections Interpretive Report
- MBMD Profile Report
- MBMD Interpretive Report
- MBMD Interpretive Report with Bariatric Summary
- MBMD Pain Patient Presurgical Interpretive Report
- MBMD Pain Patient Nonsurgical Interpretive Report
- 2015 Hertz Presentation honoring Dr. Theodore Millon at the Annual Convention for the Society for Personality Assessment on March 6, 2015 in Brooklyn, NY.
- Theodore Millon – Grandfather of Personality Theory: An interview with Dr. Millon on All in the Mind from Radio National, October 29, 2005. Play the interview or view the transcript
- Pre-teen Problems Need Greater Attention: Dr. Millon interview in July/August 2005 issue of The National Psychologist, published with their permission
About the Author
Author bio for Theodore Millon, PhD, DSc
Please check back for more information on in-person workshops and training events in your area!
FREE Online Introductory Training
This brief online training has been developed to familiarize you with the MCMI-IV. All you need is access to the Internet and the sound enabled on your computer. Please keep in mind that the session may take a few minutes to load.
Overview of the Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory-IV (MCMI-IV)
Presenter: Seth Grossman, PsyD
This webinar introduces the latest edition of the Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory, the MCMI-IV, which is scheduled for publication in 2015. The presenter will describe updates to constructs, scales, standardization, and interpretive features. An overview of Dr. Theodore Millon’s Evolutionary Theory will be included, along with its application in the MCMI-IV. Emphasis will be placed on how the MCMI-IV data facilitate the therapeutic plans of the clinician.Date: Jun 16, 2015 Time: 11:00 AM EDT Register Now
Date: Jun 25, 2015 Time: 02:00 PM EDT Register Now
MCMI-III: Clinical Application and Updates
Presenter: Seth Grossman, PsyD
The MCMI-III Webinar will be presented by Seth Grossman, Psy.D, and will cover the practical application of the instrument as well as some valuable updates, including clinical utility of the MCMI-III facet scales for treatment planning, information on the recently released combined gender norms and new Inconsistency (W) scale.
Valued for its brevity, the MCMI-III instrument helps clinicians quickly and accurately assess DSM-IV®-related disorders and clinical syndromes. A hallmark of this proven assessment is its treatment-oriented Interpretive Report, which presents an integrated and personalized view of results.