Conners 3rd Edition
Overview: The Conners 3rd Edition™ (Conners 3™) has been updated to provide a new scoring option for the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition™ (DSM-5™) Symptom Scales.
Other Languages: Spanish
RTI Tiers: RTI Levels 2 and 3
Administration: Administered to parents and teachers of children and adolescents age 6-18. Self-report, age 8-18.
Completion Time: Long Version: 20 minutes, Short Version: 10 minutes, Conners 3AI and Conners 3GI: less than 5 minutes
Scoring Options: Software or Manual scoring
Publication Date: 2008
The Conners 3rd Edition™ (Conners 3™) has been updated to provide a new scoring option for the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition™ (DSM-5™) Symptom Scales.
The Conners 3 is the result of five years of extensive research and product development. You can count on the Conners 3 to be a reliable and dependable tool capable of supporting you in the diagnostic process.
Based on the solid findings and key elements of its predecessor, the Conners’ Rating Scales–Revised (CRS–R™), the Conners 3 has a greater focus on ADHD and associated features. The Conners 3 now also addresses comorbid disorders such as oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder. Each parent, teacher and self-report form is available in a full-length and a short version.
You will benefit from the following enhancements:
- A large representative normative sample based on the latest U.S. census data
- A refined focus on ADHD in school-age children with a new age range (6–18 for parent and teacher forms and 8–18 for self-report forms)
- Strengthened DSM-IV-TR™ connections
- Clear applications in education settings that help identify children with clinical symptoms
- A manual that provides step-by-step guidance on how to use the tool in intervention planning and monitoring. As with its predecessor, the new Conners 3 is a multi-informant assessment. Gathering information from parents, teachers and youth provides a view of the child’s concerns from multiple perspectives educational setting.
Normative data includes 1,200 parents, 1,200 teachers, and 1,000 self-report raters and is matched to the 2000 U.S. Census information on ethnicity/race, gender, and parent education level. Separate norms are provided for males and females in one-year intervals, although 17- and 18-year old norms are grouped together.
Conners 3 Full-Length Forms
The profile sheets are included in the QuikScore package and convert raw data scores to T-scores, providing you with a clear and easily understood results graph.
The full-length form is a comprehensive tool that can be used as part of the diagnostic process through direct links to the DSM-IV-TR™. The parent form items and the self-report form include 99 items. The full-length forms are excellent in identifying the specific needs of each youth as well as areas that require attention and focus.
NEW and innovative features include:
- Three new validity scales (positive impression, negative impression, and inconsistency index) increase confidence in the informant’s response
- In addition to the DSM-IV-TR symptom scales for ADHD, there are two new complete DSM-IV-TR symptom scales for all informants measuring oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder
- Addition of an assessment of executive functioning to parent and teacher forms
- Identification of youth who require immediate attention and intervention with the new severe conduct critical items (weapon use, fire starting, etc.)
- Added screener items for both anxiety and depression
- The ability to measure how problems are impacting a child’s life at home, school and with friends with the addition of impairment questions
- Spanish versions of the parent and self-report forms
Conners 3 Short Forms
The Conners 3 also gives clinicians the choice of using a short form. The short form, consisting of 45 items in the parent forms, 41 items in the teacher forms, and 41 items for the self-report forms, is an excellent tool when:
- Screening large groups of students
- Conducting repeated administrations
- Administration time is limited
- Monitoring the success of treatment programs over long periods of time
The short form provides you with the strongest items from the Conners 3 scales and includes positive and negative impression scales for all informants.
Conners 3 ADHD Index
The Conners 3 moves forward with a refreshed 10-item Conners 3 ADHD Index (Conners 3AI™). The Conners 3AI is included in the full-length Conners 3 or can be purchased separately. The items are taken from the Conners 3 full-length form and are the perfect tool when:
- Time is of the essence
- You need to screen a large group of children and adolescents
- Monitoring the effectiveness of treatment plans
- Measuring the patient’s response to intervention. The items selected for this form were proven to be the best in differentiating between youth with ADHD from those without a clinical diagnosis.
Conners 3 ADHD Index QuikScore Forms
Conners 3AI is available as a separate Kit with additional forms sold separately. The Conners 3AI index is included in the Full Form version of the Conners 3.
Conners 3 Global Index
The Conners 3 Global Index (Conners 3GI™) is a fast and effective measure of general psychopathology. It includes the 10 best predictive items from the trusted market leader, the CRS–R™, parent and teacher rating scales The Conners 3GI is included in the full-length Conners 3™ or can be purchased separately. Professionals can rely on the Conners 3GI to carefully:
- Measure the general psychopathology of their clients
- Determine the next steps to take in further examination
- Monitor treatment and intervention
You can depend on the reliability of this gold standard index, as the items have remained unchanged, and the normative data has been updated.
Conners 3GI QuikScore Forms
Conners 3GI is available as a separate Kit with additional forms sold separately. The Conners 3GI index is included in the Full Form version of the Conners 3.