Overview: Assess key components of executive functions within verbal and spatial modalities
Age Range: Ages 8 through 89 years
RTI Tiers: RTI Levels 2 and 3
Completion Time: Variable depending on subtest selected: full battery 90 minutes
Norms: Normed on over 1,500 individuals demographically and regionally matched with the U.S. population
Publication Date: 2001
The Delis-Kaplan Executive Function System (D-KEFS) is the first nationally standardized set of tests to evaluate higher level cognitive functions in both children and adults.
With nine stand-alone tests, comprehensively assess the key components of executive functions believed to be mediated primarily by the frontal lobe.
Its game-like format is engaging for examinees, encouraging optimal performance without providing “right/wrong” feedback that can create frustration in some children and adults.
- Assess the integrity of the frontal system of the brain
- Determine how deficits in abstract, creative thinking may impact daily life
- Plan coping strategies and rehabilitation programs tailored to each patient’s profile of executive-function strengths and weaknesses
D-KEFS offers two forms: Standard Record Forms include all nine D-KEFS tests, while the Alternate Record Forms include alternate versions of D-KEFS Sorting, Verbal Fluency, and 20 Questions Tests. An alternate set of Sorting Cards is also available.
Correlates with CVLT–II
D-KEFS is correlated with the CVLT®–II, providing information concerning the role of memory on D-KEFS performance.
Scoring SoftwareThe D-KEFS Scoring Assistant®makes generating D-KEFS score reports faster and easier.
- Record and score the nine D-KEFS subtests as a complete battery or as individual subtests
- Produce, view, and print score reports in a tabular or graphic format
- Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7
- 100 MHz processor (166 MHz recommended) 32MB of RAM (64MB recommended)
- 2 MB video card capable of 800x600 resolution (16-bit color)
- 75 MB free hard disk space when installing The Psychological Corporation Assessment Center for the first time, 25MB of free hard disk space if The Psychological Corporation Assessment Center is installed with another product
- Internet Explorer 5.0 (if this is not installed, you will need an additional 65MB of disk space to complete the installation)
- CDROM drive, 3 1/2" floppy drive (recommended)
Presenter: Gloria Maccow, PhD
The Delis-Kaplan Executive Function System (D-KEFS) is a nationally standardized set of tests to evaluate higher level cognitive functions in children and adults. With nine stand-alone tests, clinicians can comprehensively assess the key components of executive functions believed to be mediated primarily by the frontal lobe. Clinicians can use the tests to determine how deficits in abstract, creative thinking may impact daily life, and to plan coping strategies and rehabilitation programs tailored to the client’s profile of executive-function strengths and weaknesses. During this hour-and-a-half long webinar, the presenter will describe administration, scoring, and basic interpretation of the D-KEFS tests.
Date: Oct 28, 2010