Overview: Assess key components of executive functions within verbal and spatial modalities
Age Range: Ages 8 through 89 years
RTI Tiers: RTI Levels 2 and 3
Completion Time: Variable depending on subtest selected: full battery 90 minutes
Norms: Normed on over 1,500 individuals demographically and regionally matched with the U.S. population
Publication Date: 2001
The Delis-Kaplan Executive Function System (D-KEFS) is the first nationally standardized set of tests to evaluate higher level cognitive functions in both children and adults.
With nine stand-alone tests, comprehensively assess the key components of executive functions believed to be mediated primarily by the frontal lobe.
Its game-like format is engaging for examinees, encouraging optimal performance without providing "right/wrong" feedback that can create frustration in some children and adults.
- Assess the integrity of the frontal system of the brain
- Determine how deficits in abstract, creative thinking may impact daily life
- Plan coping strategies and rehabilitation programs tailored to each patient's profile of executive-function strengths and weaknesses
D-KEFS offers two forms: Standard Record Forms include all nine D-KEFS tests, while the Alternate Record Forms include alternate versions of D-KEFS Sorting, Verbal Fluency, and 20 Questions Tests. An alternate set of Sorting Cards is also available.
Correlates with CVLT–II
D-KEFS is correlated with the CVLT®–II, providing information concerning the role of memory on D-KEFS performance.
Scoring SoftwareThe D-KEFS Scoring Assistant®makes generating D-KEFS score reports faster and easier.
- Record and score the nine D-KEFS subtests as a complete battery or as individual subtests
- Produce, view, and print score reports in a table format
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- CPU: 400 MHz processor minimum, 1 Ghz recommended
- Memory 256 MB RAM minimum, 512 recommended
- Video Card: 2 MB card capable of 1024 x768 resolution and 32-bit color
- Hard Drive 175 MB free hard disk space
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher: An additional 65 MB of disk space will be needed to complete the installation.
Use of installation discs is not recommended. An Internet connection will be needed to download updated software from pearsonassessmentsupport.com.
Presenter: Gloria Maccow, PhD
The Delis-Kaplan Executive Function System (D-KEFS) is a nationally standardized set of tests to evaluate higher level cognitive functions in children and adults. With nine stand-alone tests, clinicians can comprehensively assess the key components of executive functions believed to be mediated primarily by the frontal lobe. Clinicians can use the tests to determine how deficits in abstract, creative thinking may impact daily life, and to plan coping strategies and rehabilitation programs tailored to the client’s profile of executive-function strengths and weaknesses. During this hour-and-a-half long webinar, the presenter will describe administration, scoring, and basic interpretation of the D-KEFS tests.
Date: Oct 28, 2010