Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales, Second Edition
Overview: A measure of adaptive behavior from birth to adulthood
Age Range: Birth-90
Other Languages: Spanish
RTI Tiers: RTI Levels 2 and 3
Completion Time: 20-60 minutes –Survey Interview and Parent/Caregiver Rating Forms; 25–90 minutes—Expanded Interview Form; 20 minutes—Teacher Rating Form
Forms: Birth–90 years old: Survey Interview Form, Expanded Interview Form, and Parent/Caregiver Rating Form; 3:0–21:11: Teacher Rating Form
Scores/Interpretation: Domains and Adaptive Behavior Composite—Standard scores (M = 100, SD = 15), percentile ranks, adaptive levels. Subdomain—V-scale score (M = 15, SD = 3), Adaptive levels, age equivalents. On Survey Interview and Expanded Interview Form only—V-scale scores, maladaptive levels for the optional Maladaptive Behavior Index.
Scoring Options: ASSIST™ software or Manual Scoring
Publication Date: 2005
The leading instrument for supporting the diagnosis of intellectual and developmental disabilities
Now includes these forms: Survey Interview, Parent/Caregiver Rating, Teacher Rating, Expanded Interview
- Addresses today’s special needs populations, such as individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder, and ADHD
- Updated with new norms, expanded age range, and improved items
- Useful for diagnosis, qualification for special programs, progress reporting, program and treatment planning, and research
- Offers both respected semi-structured interview format which focuses discussion and gathers in-depth information, and also offers convenient rating forms
The standard for measuring self-sufficiency
Since the beginning, Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales has been a leading measure of personal and social skills needed for everyday living. Psychologists and other professionals continue to depend on it to identify individuals who have Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, developmental delays, autism spectrum disorders, and other impairments. Not only does Vineland aid in diagnosis, but it gives you valuable information for developing educational and treatment plans.
Covers the full spectrum of adaptive behavior
All Vineland-II forms aid in diagnosing and classifying intellectual and developmental disabilities and other disorders, such as autism, Asperger Syndrome, and developmental delays. The scales of the Vineland II were organized within a three domain structure: Communication, Daily Living, and Socialization. This structure corresponds to the three broad domains of adaptive functioning by the American Association of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: Conceptual, Practical, and Social. In addition, Vineland-II offers a Motor Skills Domain and an optional Maladaptive Behavior Index to provide more in-depth information about your clients.
In whatever setting you work—education, social services, health care, criminal justice, or the military—like its predecessor,Vineland-II helps you perform a variety of tasks:
- Support diagnosis of intellectual and developmental disabilities, autism, and developmental delays
- Determine eligibility or qualification for special services
- Plan rehabilitation or intervention programs
- Track and report progress
With Vineland-II you can measure adaptive behavior of individuals with:
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Autism spectrum disorders (ASDs)
- Post-traumatic brain injury
- Hearing impairment
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s disease
More flexibility with four forms
- Survey Interview Form provides a targeted assessment of adaptive behavior. You administer the survey to a parent or caregiver using a semistructured interview format. This approach gathers more indepth information with its open-ended questions and promotes rapport between the interviewer and respondent.
- Parent/Caregiver Rating Form covers the same content as the Survey Interview, but uses a rating scale format. This alternative approach works when time or access is limited. The Parent/Caregiver Rating Form is also a valuable tool for progress monitoring. Use the Survey Interview Form on the initial assessment and track progress by using the Parent/Caregiver Rating Form.
- Expanded Interview Form provides an in-depth alternative to the Survey Interview form with more items. Particularly suitable for ages 0 to 5 or to help facilitate detailed program planning for low functioning individuals.
- Teacher Rating Form assesses adaptive behavior for students in school, preschool, or a structured day care setting. This form uses a questionnaire format completed by the teacher or day care provider. The Teacher Rating Form contains the same Domains as the Survey Forms but covers content that a teacher would observe in a classroom setting. Targeted and comprehensive, the form lets you evaluate a student's functioning in a single domain or any combination of domains. An adaptive Behavior Composite score is provided when all four domains are administered
Get the most reliable picture of functioning
In addition, more test items have been added at the lower and upper age ranges of Vineland-II. This provides a more reliable picture of an examinee’s level of functioning for all ages.
Report to Parents
Help meet reporting requirements with this time-saving tool. The Survey Form Report to Parents makes it easy to communicate test results to parents and caregivers. Scores and percentile ranks are explained in understandable language. There’s also space to write in comments and recommendations.
Vineland-II Survey Forms ASSIST™
The The Vineland-II Survey Forms ASSIST software takes the tedium out of scoring and interpretation. It calculates derived scores for you—easily and accurately. The software also produces detailed reports at the click of a button.
Use the Survey Forms ASSIST with both the Survey Interview Form and the Parent/ Caregiver Rating Form. You can enter individual item scores or subdomain raw scores. When you enter individual item scores, you have the option of verifying your entries by reentering the items
ASSIST Scoring and Reporting Desktop Software – Scores and generates a variety of reports on your computer.
Vineland™-II (Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales, Second Edition) Introduction
This pre-recorded 20-30 minute session allows you to learn at your leisure. All you need is access to the Internet and the sound enabled on your computer. Please keep in mind that the session may take a few minutes to load.
Learn about the leading instrument for measuring personal and social skills.