California Verbal Learning Test®, Third Edition
Overview: An assessment of verbal learning and memory deficits in adults
Age Range: Individuals 16:0–90:0
Administration: Digital (Q-interactive®), or paper-and-pencil
Completion Time: Standard and alternate forms: 30 minutes, plus 30-minute delay.
Scoring Options: Q-global®
Publication Date: 2017
Explore learning and memory strategies and processes
The CVLT-3 is the most comprehensive and detailed assessment of verbal learning and memory for older adolescents and adults ages 16 and older. In this assessment, an examinee listens to series of words and is then asked to recall the terms and the category to which they belong. The CVLT is considered to be the most sensitive measure of episodic verbal learning.
Users & Applications
Clinicians can use the revision of this classic test to help:
- Assess individuals who have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injury (TBI), dementias, schizophrenia, ADHD, or neurological disorders
- Test the degree to which a person can return to work, perform complex activities of daily living, and live independently
- Evaluate insufficient effort or malingering to reduce false results
Content & Administration
- Examinees are read a list of words carefully selected for their frequency of use across multiple demographic variables and are asked to recall them across a series of trials.
- Standard and Alternate forms can be administered in 30 minutes, with an additional 30-minutes for delay scores.
- The Brief form features lists of nine words in three categories and can be administered in only 15 minutes, plus an additional 15 minutes for delay scores.
Features & Benefits
- Full restandardization based on education, region, ethnicity, and age
- Additional scores allow for more in-depth analysis of errors (intrusions and repetitions)
- Available on Q-interactive and includes more robust scoring and reporting
- Upgraded and updated scoring and reporting on Q-global for paper versions
CVLT3 on Q-interactive
Presenter: Anne-Marie Kimbell, PhD and James Henke
The California Verbal Learning Test, 3rd edition (CVLT3) is the revision of one of the most trusted and well-used measures utilized to assess the strategies and processes involved in learning, recalling, and recognizing verbal information. Updated in 2017 to include changes to the test structure, new norms, additional scores and updates to the scoring options, the CVLT3 goes beyond measuring the amount of acquired verbal material to also measuring how verbal learning occurs or fails to occur, offering a comprehensive assessment of an examinee’s processes of verbal learning and memory to identify spared and impaired processes. Join us for a presentation that provides information about the test updates, scoring options, and a live demonstration of the updated digital administration via Q-interactive.Date: Oct 09, 2017 Time: 11:00 AM EDT Register Now
CVLT3 on Q-interactive
Presenter: Anne-Marie Kimbell, PhD
This webinar will provide an overview of the content, development and psychometric information for the new Shaywitz DyslexiaScreen. We will also cover how to administer, score and interpret the results of the screener.
Date: Sep 11, 2017