Overview: This assessment leads to a detailed career report, suggesting jobs for intensive exploration and providing detailed information about the jobs.
Age Range: 12 and older
Reading Level: Sixth grade
Completion Time: 20-25 minutes
Scoring Options: Self-Scored
NOW AVAILABLE - CDM Internet!
Serving as the new online version of the CDM-R, CDM Internet gives students, adults, schools and other organizations added flexibility in using the assessment. This new online system facilitates a real-time career exploration environment, allowing users access to the CDM-R Inventory in a whole new and exciting way. Users can complete the CDM Internet in school, at home - any place with internet access. In addition, they can move effortlessly between the CDM-R Inventory and over 800 O*Net-based occupational briefs.
For the self-scored paper-pencil CDM assessment, click here.
The CDM-R Theoretical Base
The CDM-R reports six interest area scores, each corresponding to one of the six RIASEC themes to make them more career-descriptive:
CDM Internet is helpful in a variety of settings, enabling junior and high-school students to explore interests and possible career paths, college students to clarify their career direction and make informed decisions in selecting coursework and declaring majors, and adults re-entering the world of work or interested in changing jobs to learn about career options.
Using the CDM Internet, career planners of all ages are enabled to:
- Work at home with career advisors and and/or parents
- Revisit the CDM-R planning process as often as they like
- Print out a copy of individual Interpretive Reports
- Link directly from CDM-R inventory results to relevant job descriptions, training requirements, job outlooks, and national wages - as well as a college search web site and current job openings by state
- Identify "In Demand" and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) jobs
- View videos of workers at work in jobs that match their interests
Schools and other organizations can use this tool to:
- Demonstrate accountability to parents and the community for preparing a knowledgeable, productive workforce by supplying students with a comprehensive, easy-to-use career planning system that presents the most current information
- Easily arrange for students who have missed group career administrations to take the CDM-R group career assessment at individual make-up sessions
- Support students in taking personal responsibility for their career planning and reporting by working more independently with the CDM system
- Free up teachers' and counselors' time to assist their students
To Order Vouchers or for a Free Trial:
Please call 800.627.7271. This product cannot be ordered online. The voucher description and pricing follows:
CDM-R Internet Voucher
View a copy of the CDM Internet report. (PDF - 22 KB)
Pricing & Ordering
Try the CDM® Internet Voucher
The only way to order vouchers is to call 800.627.7271
Product Code 12600V
Quantity 1-99: $2.50 each, Quantity 100+: $2.00 each
Price per voucher. A voucher gives you online access to the administration and report for the CDM.