School Function Assessment
Overview: Evaluate and monitor a student's performance of functional tasks and activities
Age Range: Kindergarten through grade 6
Administration: Individual scales can be completed in as little as 5 to 10 minutes
Norms: Criterion-Referenced ratings
Publication Date: 1998
- Help elementary school students with disabilities succeed by identifying their strengths and needs in important nonacademic functional tasks.
- School personnel familiar with the student''s typical performance complete the SFA.
- Three scales are included for evaluating students—Participation, Task Supports, and Activity Performance.
- Criterion cut-off scores help establish eligibility for special services.
- Use SFA to facilitate collaborative program planning for students with a variety of disabling conditions.
SFA Overview (PDF – 114 KB)