Sensory Profile™ 2
Overview: Standardized forms completed by caregivers and teachers to assess children’s sensory processing patterns
Age Range: Birth–14:11
Other Languages: Spanish
Administration: Paper-and-pencil or online administration
Completion Time: 10 –15 minutes
Scoring Options: Q-global (web-based) or manual scoring
Publication Date: 2014
COMING Spring 2014!
The Sensory Profile™ 2 family of assessments provides you with standardized tools to help evaluate a child's sensory processing patterns in the context of everyday life. These significantly revised questionnaires can help you determine how sensory processing may be contributing to or interfering with the child's participation in activities. The forms are completed by caregivers and teachers, who are in the strongest position to observe the child's response to sensory interactions that occur throughout the day.
The Sensory Profile 2 helps you:
- Identify and document the effect of sensory processing on a child's participation at home, school, and the community
- Contribute valuable information to a comprehensive assessment of the child's sensory strengths and challenges
- Develop effective treatment plans, interventions, and everyday remediation strategies
Content & Administration
Using age-appropriate questionnaires, caregivers and teachers report on the child's response to sensory events throughout the day.
- Infant Sensory Profile: Caregivers complete this form for babies from Birth–6 months.
- Toddler Sensory Profile: Caregivers complete this form for toddlers ages 7–35 months.
- Child Sensory Profile: Caregivers complete this form for children ages 3–14 years.
- Short Sensory Profile: Caregivers complete this form for children ages 3–14 years. Items on this questionnaire, which are drawn from the Child Sensory Profile, are highly discriminating and provide quick information for screening and research programs.
- School Companion Sensory Profile: Teachers complete this form for their students ages 3–14 years.
Features & Benefits
- Offers updated content
- Presents information on the Infant, Toddler, Child, and School Companion forms in one manual—no need to purchase separate kits
- Reports percentiles for an additional level of analysis
- Gives you a choice of online or paper record forms to fit with your workflow
- Provides web-based scoring and reporting with Q-global for greater portability and ease-of-use
- Includes enhanced reporting options to give you the confidence to take the next steps
- Captures the child's responses to sensory experiences throughout the day, which helps shed light on factors that may be influencing the child's behavior
- Presents a comprehensive view of a child's responses across settings, which helps facilitate discussion between families and professionals about strategies that support the child's participation in all contexts
- Offers you an evidence-based tool that is built on extensive evidence from the first editions of the Sensory Profile™, including international research demonstrating the usefulness of data
Scoring and Reporting
Each form includes some combination of Sensory System, Behavioral, and Sensory Pattern scores:
- Sensory System scores: Auditory, Visual, Touch, Taste/Smell, Movement, Oral, Body Position
- Behavior scores: Attention, Behavioral, Social-Emotional
- Sensory Pattern scores: Registration, Seeking, Sensitivity, Avoiding
- Factor scores: Supports, Awareness, Tolerance, Availability (School Companion Sensory Profile only)