Age Range: 3:0 - 18:0
Reading Level: Parent - 5th grade; Student - 2nd grade
Other Languages: Spanish
RTI Tiers: RTI Level 2
Completion Time: 10-25 minutes
Scores/Interpretation: Social Skills, Problem Behaviors, and Academic Competence scales—Standard scores and percentile ranks; Subscales—Behavior Levels (below average, average, above average); Items—Frequency and Importance ratings point to behaviors that may require intervention.
Publication Date: 2008
The SSIS (Social Skills Improvement System) Rating Scales enables targeted assessment of individuals and small groups to help evaluate social skills, problem behaviors, and academic competence. Teacher, parent and student forms help provide a comprehensive picture across school, home, and community settings.
Designed to replace the SSRS Social Skills Rating System, this substantially revised tool includes updated norms, improved psychometric properties, and new subscales.
The multi-rater SSIS Rating Scales helps measure:
- Social Skills: Communication, Cooperation, Assertion, Responsibility, Empathy, Engagement, Self-Control
- Competing Problem Behaviors: Externalizing, Bullying, Hyperactivity/Inattention, Internalizing, Autism Spectrum
- Academic Competence: Reading Achievement, Math Achievement, Motivation to Learn
Benefits for You and Those You Serve
This revised instrument features:
- Four subscales (Communication, Engagement, Bullying, and Autism Spectrum)
- National norms for pre-school
- Spanish versions of Parent and Student forms
- Collection of reliability and validity evidence, including correlations with other measures and consistency with research on special populations
- Standard scores with percentile ranks
- Standardization based on a nationwide sample matched to the US population estimates for race, region, and SES
- Combined norms and separate-sex norms
Convenient Scoring Options
The SSIS Rating Scales may be hand-scored. For added convenience, use the ASSIST software which provides computer scoring and reporting, including individual, progress and multi-rater reports - and a direct link to suggested interventions with the SSIS Intervention Guide.
ASSIST™ System Requirements
Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
Macintosh OS 10.4 to 10.10
Class-wide Social Emotional Interventions for Elementary Students
Presenter: Stephen N. Elliott, PhD
The SSIS Class-wide Intervention Program for Social Emotional Skills Development focuses on 10 key skills and uses a 6-step teacher-lead intervention process to teach and have students practice each of these skills. Efficacy research on this intervention program is also reviewed to highlight the power teachers have to influence an entire classroom of students.
Date: Apr 13, 2016