Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test®-Individual Administration
Overview: Individually assess general nonverbal ability in children
Age Range: 5:0-17:11
Other Languages: Spanish
RTI Tiers: RTI Levels 2 and 3
Completion Time: 25-30 minutes
Forms: Two parallel forms
Norms: Standard Scores, Percentile Ranks and Age Equivalents
Scoring Options: Manual Scoring
Publication Date: 2003
Use the Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test®-Individual Administration (NNAT®-Individual) to assess general reasoning ability in children and adolescents.
The NNAT-Individual, with quick and easy administration, measures nonverbal reasoning and general problem solving abilities. Because of the simplicity of directions and the minimal use of language required to solve the items, the NNAT-Individual is ideal for use with examinees from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. In addition, the NNAT-Individual has minimal motor requirements.
- Uses progressive matrices, which are fair for all examinees including minorities, those with hearing impairments, and those with impaired color vision
- Ideal for children who do not speak English as their first language-requires no reading, writing, or speaking (examinees just point to the answer they believe is correct)
Effective and Reliable Format (Testing)
- Two parallel forms
- Wide range of difficulty levels
- Independent of educational curricula (prior learning does not influence scores)
- Requires child to rely on reasoning and problem-solving skills, not verbal skills
- Engaging two-color shapes and designs
- Simple instructions can be communicated nonverbally, if necessary
Current Norm-Referenced Scores
The NNAT-Individual sampling involved testing a nationally representative sample of more than 1,500 children, yielding current norm-referenced scores (Standard Scores, Percentile Ranks and Age Equivalents).