ASSIST™ Software Technical Support
Pearson provides the ASSIST™ Scoring Software with many of our educational assessments. ASSIST Software provides complete computer scoring, interpretation, and scoring functionality.
For test-specific ASSIST software help, go to:
For general ASSIST software FAQs, scroll down this page.
You can also download ASSIST software modules.
General ASSIST Software FAQs
- When installing my ASSIST software on a Vista machine, the Java RunTime Environment (JRE) doesn't finish the installation. The ASSIST install appears to finish normally, but the product will not run. It displays an error stating that the JRE needs to be installed. What should I do?
- Are there any potential issues I might experience having multiple ASSISTS products loaded on the same computer?
- How do I check for updates in my ASSIST software?
- How do I access the User's Manual on my software CD?
- How do I import data from the older version of my software?
- How do I install my software program?
- I am being asked to enter my Customer Name and Product Code (or Activation Key) and I don't know where to find them.
- I am not familiar with scanners and the scanning process. How important is the handling of the scannable forms?
- Is Microsoft® Vista operating system compatible with my ASSIST software?
- Is technical help the same as software technical help?
- My User Name and Password no longer work. What do I do?
- What if I forget whether I have entered a student or not? How do I check to make sure?
- What are the system requirements to run ASSIST software?
- What scanners are supported for my ASSIST software?
- Where do I bubble age norms or time of year norms on the answer sheets?
- Why do I have to fill in the Group Identification Form if I am only scanning one group?
- What version of the Java Runtime Environment do I need to run ASSIST software on Microsoft Vista?
- What version of the Java Runtime Environment do I need to run ASSIST software on Mac OS 10.x?