Pre-Reading Inventory of Phonological Awareness™
The premier test for preliterate children on the path to reading success
Easy to administer inventory of phonological awareness skills.
- Helps identify children at risk for reading failure.
- Fulfills the phonological awareness requirements of the Early Reading First and Reading First initiatives.
- Includes six subtests:
- Rhyme Awareness
- Syllable Segmentation
- Alliteration Awareness
- Sound Isolation
- Sound Segmentation
- Letter-Sound Knowledge
- Individual subtests can be administered quickly and easily.
- Subtest tasks are engaging with colorful artwork.
- Item analysis tables included on the Record Form for each subtest.
- Can be used as an outcomes-based measure.
- Norms are based on data that reflects the 2000 U.S. Census.
- Can be administered by SLPs, teachers, and paraprofessionals.