Test of Language Competence - Expanded Edition
Overview: Measure metalinguistic higher-level language functions
Age Range: Level 1: 5-9; Level 2: 10-18
Completion Time: Less than 60 minutes
Norms: Subtest and Composite Standard Scores, Percentile Ranks by Age, Overall Age Equivalent Score, Listening Comprehension and Oral Expression Scores
Publication Date: 1989
See CELF-5 Metalinguistics, a revision of the TLC-E
- Use this tool to determine students' language strategies, assist in developing remediation plans, and write Individual Education Plan (IEP) goals and objectives.
- Diagnose disorders of higher-level language function.
- TLC–Expanded is an excellent complement to basic language skills testing with CELF®–5.
- Subtests include Ambiguous Sentences, Listening Comprehension: Making Inferences, Oral Expression: Recreating Speech Acts, Figurative Language, and a supplemental memory subtest.
- Quick Screening Composite (based on two subtests) helps you determine the need for further testing.