Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals® - Fourth Edition, Spanish
Overview: Address the needs of clinicians who serve Spanish-speaking children and young adults
Age Range: 5:0-21:11
RTI Tiers: RTI Levels 2 and 3
Completion Time: 20 to 30 minutes for Core Language Score; 30 to 60 minutes for total assessment
Norms: Receptive Language and Expressive Language Index Scores, Language Content, Language Structure, and Language and Memory Index Scores expressed as Standard Scores, Percentile Ranks, and Subtest Age Equivalents
Publication Date: 2006
Different Languages—Common Goals
A Solution to Assessing Spanish Speakers
Through customer feedback and research, CELF–4 Spanish has been enhanced to better address the needs of clinicians who serve Spanish-speaking children and young adults. CELF–4 Spanish was developed specifically for Spanish speakers living in the U.S. as a parallel test to the English edition of CELF-4.
It is NOT a translation of the English edition of CELF–4. Test items incorporate grammatical forms appropriate for Spanish speakers and themes familiar to Spanish speaking students. Extensive professional review panel from different countries of origin ensures cultural appropriateness of the test items and art.
Features & Benefits
- Normed on a current sample of Spanish speakers in the U.S. representing many countries of origin: 25% from the Caribbean (Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, and Cuba), 28% from Central and South America, and 46% from Mexico
- Evaluates both interpersonal communication (BICS) and elements of more advanced academic language (CALP)
- Includes new Clasificación Pragmática (Pragmatics Profile)
- Same Four Level Process as CELF–4
- Enhanced Scoring Assistant offers Spanish and English Parent Reports to assist in communicating with parents who do not speak English
Areas of Assessment
CELF-Spanish Scoring Assistant
Elisabeth H. Wiig, PhD., Wayne A. Secord, Ph.D., and Eleanor Semel, Ed.D.
The CELF–4 Spanish Scoring Assistant provides quick, error-free scoring and reporting capabilities.
- Includes tabular, graphical, and narrative reports
- Provides all subtest and composite scores, maintains demographic and language environment information, stores raw scores, and provides comprehensive reports
- Has the same functionality as English Scoring Assistant and adds parent reports, which can be printed in either English or Spanish
CELF-4 Spanish Scoring Assistant Chart
CELF-4 Spanish Edition Flyer
Information on CELF-4 Spanish. Materials and prices are listed.
Order hard copy using ISBN 999-8914-000