Preschool Language Scale, Fourth Edition Spanish Edition (PLS-4 Spanish)
Overview: PLS™-4 Spanish is an interactive assessment for monolingual and bilingual Spanish speaking children. Updated edition available: PLS™ Spanish-5.
Age Range: Birth through 6:11
RTI Tiers: RTI Levels 2 and 3
Completion Time: 20 to 45 minutes
Norms: Total Language, Auditory Comprehension, Expressive Communication Standard Scores, Percentile Ranks, Language Age Equivalents
Publication Date: 2002
Customized for Spanish Speakers
PLS–4 Spanish Edition is not simply a translation of the English version. It contains all the great benefits and enhancements of the comprehensive PLS–4, PLUS—
- Experts in the field reviewed items to ensure that they are appropriate for all Spanish-speakers.
- Original PLS items were modified to reflect cultural experiences common to all Spanish subgroups and new items were developed in conjunction with items for the English edition.
- Alternate vocabulary that reflects regional differences are listed on the Record Form.
- PLS–4 Spanish Edition is a great new option for testing the emerging language abilities of Spanish-speaking children.
- Includes reproducible Cuestionario para los padres in which parents and caregivers share their knowledge of the child's typical communication at home.
Spanish Norms Now Available
PLS–4 Spanish Edition has what you've asked for:
- Separate norms for the Spanish Edition are developed based on 1,188 Spanish-speaking children living in the U. S.
- Separate Spanish version parallels the English version and has normative scores, including standard scores, percentile ranks, and age equivalents.
- Manipulatives are same as English Edition.