SCAN-C: Test for Auditory Processing Disorders in Children-Revised
Overview: Detect auditory processing disorders in children
Age Range: 5 to 11 years
Completion Time: 30 minutes on portable CD player
Forms: Caregiver''s Questionnaire
Norms: Norms for 5 to 11 years; qualitative information on ages 3 and 4
Publication Date: 1999
- Give to children who have normal peripheral hearing but who appear to have poor listening skills, short auditory attention span, or difficulty understanding speech in the presence of background noise.
- SCAN–C helps rule out central auditory processing disorders and ADHD.
- Administer using a portable CD player or an audiometer with CD capabilities.
- The child repeats the words and sentences heard on the CD, which is produced by Auditec™.
- New child-friendly instructions with enhanced interpretation chapter and case studies.
- New norms for 5 to 11 year olds, with qualitative information on 3 and 4 year olds.
- New test/retest reliability and construct validity studies.