Q Local™ Scoring and Reporting Software
Overview: Enjoy the convenience of desktop administration and administration, scoring, and reporting for more than 30 tests
Pricing: Pricing information for Q Local products can be found on each test page.
Q Local 3.3 Now Available: Updated scanning component now compatible with Windows 7 (64-bit) and Windows 8
Enjoy the convenience of on-screen administration, instant scoring and automated reporting for more than 30 tests
Q Local software version 3.3 is now available
How to Order Q Local Software and Report Administrations
Check that your current system matches or surpasses the system requirements.
Order Q Local Software by Phone
Local software must be ordered by phone. Once your software is installed, you can order report administrations from within the software. Q Local software is offered in desktop (single copy) and network versions. Please call 800-627-7271 to order the software.
Order Q Local Report Administrations
Q Local software report administrations can only be ordered via the Q Local software or by phone at 800-627-7271. To order report administrations (or "usages") via the software, start your Q Local software and choose Order Reports. Q Local report pricing can be found on the individual test web pages.
How Q Local Software Works
- Install Q Local software on your computer easily from a CD-ROM, download software upgrades from the Internet, or request that upgrades are mailed to you.
- An individual can take a test right on the computer, or you can manually key the individual's responses from an answer sheet into the program.
- After payment of a modest license fee, you pay for only the tests and administrations you need.
- You receive a counter that plugs into the USB port on the back of your computer. It keeps track of the number of test administrations you've scored.
- Order additional administrations 24/7 via the Internet with a credit card purchase. You receive immediate access to these administrations.
(This option is not available to customers outside the U.S.)
Q Local Software Productivity Features
- Desktop and Network versions
- On-screen report viewing
- 24-hour report usage re-ordering via Internet
- Warning when you are running low on report usages
- Ability to save client demographic information for reuse with multiple assessments
- On-screen administration for pre-selected batteries
- Enhanced ability for naming, viewing, sorting and managing scanned batches
- Custom data fields
- Automatic report generation upon scanning answer sheets
- Automatic reminders to back up data
- Downloadable software updates
- Administration of timed and graphics-based tests on-screen
- Recycle bin for easily deleting records
- Reports in Adobe® Portable Document Format (PDF) that can be copied and pasted into other applications, including Microsoft Word®
Q Local Software Support
Check out Q Local support and the Q Local software license.
System Requirements for Q Local™ Software
- Processor: Pentium® III or higher
- Processor Speed: 600 MHz minimum, 1 GHz recommended
- RAM: 512 MB
Note: Q Local must be run on a U.S. version of Windows with Regional Options set to English (United States). International versions of Windows cause problems on installation. ScanTools® Software is not supported on 64-bit platforms.
- Hard Drive
1 GB of free hard disc space required for StandAlone and Network versions with all components installed; 400 MB of space required for Network version with Client installed. 300 MB of space required for Network version with HASP server only installed.
- USB Port for the report counter
Q Local™ Software: Windows® Compatibility
|Windows Compatibility||Service Pack||v2.6||v2.7||v2.8||v3.0||v3.1||v3.2||v3.3|
|Windows Server 2003 SP1||SP1||x||x||x|
|Windows XP SP3 (Home/Professional)||SP3||x||x||x|
|Windows Server 2008||x||x||x|
Q Local Software Technical Support
Q Local software enables you to score and report on more than thirty clinical assessments from Pearson.
1. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View all FAQs related to Q Local software.
2. User's Guide
Q Local Quick Start Users Guide
Format: PDF, File Size: 2,215 KB
The Adobe® Reader® is needed to view the guide.
3. Annual License Support Services
With the Q Local annual license, you receive:
- A Quick Start Guide
- Online help for both using the software and learning about specific assessments
- Ongoing technical support information for software questions and troubleshooting
- Future software upgrades, including Q Local software for new products
Transitioning from Q Local to Q-global
Presenter: Jarett Lehner
Are you a Q Local user considering Q-global? Join us for a live demonstration to learn the differences between Q Local and Q-global, understand how Q-global works and explore the benefits of moving to Q-global. Q-global is Pearson's web-based platform for test administration, scoring, and reporting that provides increased administration flexibility while providing accurate scoring and improved efficiency.
Date: May 09, 2017
Frequently asked questions follow. Click on a question to see the response.
Installing / Setting Up / Uninstalling / Upgrading
- Checking the System Requirements
- Installing Adobe® Reader® to view reports on-screen
- Installing Internet Explorer to display tests on-screen
- Setting Up and Installing Q Local Software on a Network
- Setting Up Your Personal Firewall Software to Work with Q Local Software
- Uninstalling MICROTEST Q software
- Uninstalling Q Local software
- Upgrading to the next version of Q Local Software
Entering Data Manually or Administering Assessments On-screen
Scanning Data and Maintaining the Scanner
Printing and Using Reports
- Backing up and restoring Q Local data and settings
- Converting a MICROTEST Q™ Database for Use with Q Local™ Software
- Importing and Exporting Data
- Moving Q Local Data from One Computer to Another while Maintaining File Folder Structure
- Transferring Q Local Data from One Computer to Another
- Transferring MICROTEST Q data to Q Local software