Functional Assessment and Intervention System™: Improving School Behavior
Help students achieve social competence goals with the Functional Assessment and Intervention System. Teachers, parents, and the student complete checklists informed by direct observation or knowledge of the student. Use the data to create an assessment record and the Functional Assessment Report, and design interventions based on the functions or intents of both socially competent and challenging behaviors.
Functional Assessment and Intervention System involves several social competency dimensions, including:
- General guidelines for understanding a student's behavioral challenges and for promoting social competence in school and other related settings
- An elaboration of comprehensive social competence goals
- A specific protocol for documenting and using performance-based information about a student's challenging behaviors and social competencies as part of an ongoing process of creating intervention strategies
- Guidelines for how various mediators or consultees can engage in collaborative discussions about a student's social competence
- A detailed list of resources and materials related to promoting social competence in applied settings