Children's Memory Scale®
Overview: Assess children's memory abilities
Age Range: 5 to 16 years
RTI Tiers: RTI Level 3
Completion Time: 30 minutes
Forms: Two, one for ages 5-8, and one for ages 9-16
Norms: National sample of 1,000 normally functioning children. Subtest Scaled Scores and Index Scores representing critical domains of learning, attention and memory.
Publication Date: 1997
Now you can compare memory and learning to ability, attention, and achievement. The Children's Memory Scale™ (CMS) fills the need for a comprehensive learning and memory test for children ages five to 16.
- Plays a vital role in assessing learning disabilities and attention deficit disorders
- Helps to plan remediation and intervention strategies for school and clinical settings
As a screener or diagnostic instrument, CMS measures learning in a variety of memory dimensions:
- Attention and working memory
- Verbal and visual memory
- Short- and long-delay memory
- Recall and recognition
- Learning characteristics.
Links for Valuable Comparisons
- WISC®–IV, WISC®–III, and WPPSI™–R
Serves as a process skills screening instrument
For children with learning disabilities, diagnosed with TBI, ADHD, epilepsy, cancer, brain tumors, or strokes.
Includes extensive interpretive information, strategies for intervention based on a child’s CMS
score and pattern of performance.
- 20 minutes for the six core subtests
- 10 to15 minutes for the long-delayed memory test
- 30-minute break during which you can administer other verbal or nonverbal measures
- Eight index scores
- Minimal item bias
- Fairness to all children
- Extensive clinical validation studies for those special groups
CMS on Q-interactive at a Glance:
|Available With||Subtests Available||Subtest Pricing||Scoring and Reporting||Materials Needed|
|Standard, Classroom, & Experiential Licenses
(Can be added to licenses free of charge upon request!)
|Excel Export||View Pricing & Ordering and open the Q-interactive section for Materials|
*Cost per usage between $1.00 and $1.50 depending on volume discounts
Benefits of CMS on Q-interactive
- Create custom batteries by combining subtests from the CMS with other tests such as the WISC-V.
- Standardize administration and simplify the management of CMS materials so you can focus on what is important – the examinee.
- Automatically score items based on grid placement, to streamline administration
- Obtain scaled scores immediately after finishing a subtest, to increase speed and accuracy.
How Can I Buy CMS on Q-interactive?
CMS can be added to any Standard license free of charge. Annual Q-interactive licenses can be purchased using our online order form or by calling Customer Support at 1-800-627-7271. See the Q-interactive pricing tab for more information on license options.
Current Q-interactive customers:
If you want to add the CMS to your account, visit our online order form and select the "Add Test(s) to Existing Account" option. You may also call Customer Support at 1-800-627-7271. There is no charge to add CMS to a current license.