The PAL Guides for Intervention help you use proven strategies to create positive learning outcomes for students with reading and writing difficulties. The materials include practical guidance, grounded in research, to help multidisciplinary teams intervene early in the learning process.
- Links intervention strategies to PAL-II Reading and Writing results
- Includes creative approaches to form functional reading and writing intervention programs
- Provides strategies developed through the author’s reading and writing research and 25 years of clinical and teaching experience
- Helps design effective IEPs
- Manual — Includes lessons and resources for implementing the intervention-assessment model; comes with pull-out information guides for parents and teachers
- Talking Letters Teacher’s Guide — Systematically teaches the connections between spelling and sound; includes a reproducible picture-sound dictionary and step-by-step directions to implement intervention
- Talking Letters Student Desk Guides — Helps students develop phonological awareness for successful reading and writing; includes two laminated Desk Guide cards to aid in decoding and orthographic coding of words
- Handwriting Lessons — Designed for developing handwriting automaticity. Reproducible pages include two sets of 24 lessons, each presenting all 26 alphabet letters, plus a writing prompt for composition.
The integrated PAL tools provide a systematic approach for assessing a child’s strengths and weaknesses in reading and writing and implementing necessary intervention and instruction.
- Research-based, integrating valid and reliable diagnostic assessment with effective instructional programs to help you support the goals of Reading First legislation (No Child Left Behind Act).
- Appropriate for professionals in the classroom, special education, or in clinical settings.