Test of Premorbid Functioning
Overview: Estimate an individual's pre-morbid cognitive and memory functioning
Age Range: Individuals 16 - 90 years
Completion Time: Less than 10 minutes
Publication Date: 2009
Predict pre-injury IQ & memory abilities.
A revised and updated version of the Wechsler Test of Adult Reading™, the Test of Premorbid Functioning (TOPF) enables clinicians to estimate an individual’s level of cognitive and memory functioning before the onset of injury or illness.
- Effective method for predicting intellectual and memory performance
- Ideal for clinicians who wish to develop appropriate treatment plans
- Composed of a list of 70 words that have atypical grapheme to phoneme translations
- Can be given in addition to WAIS–IV / WMS–IV assessment to provide an estimate of change in abilities
- Can be used in forensic evaluations to evaluate suspected loss of cognitive functioning