BASC-2 ASSIST™ Software
Pearson provides the ASSIST™ Scoring Software with the BASC-2 assessment.
To download ASSIST software modules click here.
FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) for Current BASC-2 ASSIST Software
- When installing my ASSIST software on a Vista machine, the Java RunTime Environment (JRE) doesn’t finish the installation. The ASSIST install appears to finish normally, but the product will not run. It displays an error stating that the JRE needs to be installed. What should I do?
- Are there any potential issues I might experience having multiple ASSISTS products loaded on the same computer?
- How do I check for updates in my ASSIST software?
- How do I access the User’s Manual on my software CD?
- How do I access the PRQ form if I already have the BASC-2 ASSIST?
- How do I import data from the older version of my software?
- How do I install my software program?
- I am being asked to enter my Customer Name and Product Code (or Activation Key) and I don’t know where to find them.
- I am not familiar with scanners and the scanning process. How important is the handling of the scannable forms?
- Is Microsoft® Vista operating system compatible with my ASSIST software?
- Is technical help the same as software technical help?
- My User Name and Password no longer work. What do I do?
- The blue splash screen that says AGS or Pearson Assessments loads but does not open the program and does not give an “exception: null” or gives a “report could not be generated” message when trying to print a report or “could not locate a valid Java VM to launch software” message.
- What are the differences between the BASC-2 ASSIST and BASC-2 ASSIST Plus?
- What if I forget whether I have entered a student or not? How do I check to make sure?
- What operating systems are supported for my ASSIST software?
- What scanners are supported for my ASSIST software?
FAQ's for BASC Plus and Enhanced (prior to BASC-2) Software
- "Cannot locate FoxPro Support Library" error appears when I try to open my program.
- I am having problems installing the correct fonts.
- I entered an incorrect test date and the program won't let me go back to fix it.
- I get the error "Data file does not exist" when I try to open my program.
- When I try to open my program, I get a "Divide by 0" error.
- When using my BASC Plus program, I get a screen that says "Contact Test Administrator."
- The error “Not a table.dbf” appears when I open by BASC program (BASC Enhanced and BASC Plus only).
- When I open my program I get an error like "No data file selected or found.”