EVT-2 and New EVT ASSIST™ Software Technical Support
Pearson provides the ASSIST™ Scoring Software for the EVT-2 and EVT.
To download ASSIST software modules, click here.
FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) for Current ASSIST Software
- When installing my ASSIST software on a Vista machine, the Java RunTime Environment (JRE) doesn’t finish the installation. The ASSIST install appears to finish normally, but the product will not run. It displays an error stating that the JRE needs to be installed. What should I do?
- Are there any potential issues I might experience having multiple ASSISTS products loaded on the same computer?
- How do I check for updates in my ASSIST software?
- How do I access the User’s Manual on my software CD?
- How do I import data from the older FoxPro version of PPVT-III/EVT to the newly redone PPVT-III/EVT or import lists?
- How do I install my software program?
- I am being asked to enter my Customer Name and Product Code (or Activation Key) and I don’t know where to find them.
- I have already installed PPVT-III, PPVT-4, EVT or EVT-2 ASSIST. After installing one of the other ASSIST softwares, I am not prompted for an authorization number and cannot run the software.
- Is Microsoft® Vista operating system compatible with my ASSIST software?
- Is technical help the same as software technical help?
- My User Name and Password no longer work. What do I do?
- What if I forget whether I have entered a student or not? How do I check to make sure?
- When I select Check For Updates from the Help menu I receive a “File ‘manifest.xml’ in the Alpha repository was not found” error message.
Original EVT Software FAQ's
- I am having problems installing the correct fonts.
- I can save my information, but I cannot get it to display nor print.
- I entered an incorrect test date and the program won't let me go back to fix it.
- I get the "Data file does not exist" error when I try to open my program.
- The installation went through but when I run the program all of my screens are blank (MAC users).
- "Cannot locate FoxPro Support Library" appears when I try to open my program.
- Why do I get the following error when I try to open my program: "ForPro: An error has occurred in your program..."