Rookwood Driving Battery
Age Range: Adult
Completion Time: 30 to 40 minutes
Publication Date: 2009
The Rookwood Driving Battery consists of simple neuropsychological tests to help you evaluate basic cognitive functions essential for safe driving. The domains of functioning assessed include visual perception, praxis skills, and executive function. Each of the skills tested relate to the client’s ability to move a car in space and act appropriately in on-road traffic.
Features & Benefits
- Performance on the battery gives a good indication of an individual’s cognitive fitness to drive and can help you decide whether an on-road test is appropriate.
- Can be administered to clients with any neurological condition that affects brain functioning.
- The battery takes 30-40 minutes to administer. Each of the tests is simple and performance is not dependent on IQ. They also do not require fine manual dexterity so can be carried out easily by people who are physically frail or disabled.
- The battery has sound normative data from healthy drivers and older adults and has been validated against on-road performance at the South Wales Driving Assessment Centre in Rookwood Hospital.
- The test is designed to be used by therapists involved in driving assessment or those working in older adult and neurology services where they may be called upon to give an opinion of driving skill.